I am an IT professional who enjoys working in a variety of roles, particularly software development. I like software development, system administration/integration, and challenging problems. I am comfortable in a dev-ops role, performing support/analyst tasks, and interfacing with clients.
|Java||Struts 2, Spring, Spring Boot||Docker/Swarm|
|Python, Ruby||Hibernate, JPA,||Flask, Bottle, Django|
|PHP||Maven, Ant, Ivy||MS SQL, Informix, PostgreSQL|
|SQL||jQuery/UI, Angular JS, Jest||MySQL/MariaDB, SQLite, HSQL|
|Shell (Bash)||Bootstrap, React, Jasmine||Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu), IBM AIX|
|Lisp, Perl||JUnit, Mockito||Windows 7, 2008 R2 Server|
- AccessIT, Facility Commander, Picture Perfect, OnGuard, Avigilon, DVTel, CARMA for Picture Perfect
August 2015 - Present - The Maven Group
Software Developer. Contract developer for IBM GTS - previously AT&T Managed Applications and Managed Hosting Services Unit
- Docker Migration Developer - Part of team migrating infrastructure to Docker based containers for all applications related utilities. Assist new team members with development environment setup and project orientation
- Java EE development - Mantain and enhance customer aquisition applications in the consumer financial services sector. Participate in maintence and new development cycles to enhance applications and correct defects.
- Setup Jenkins CI server to automatically run daily Selenium regression test suites and generate reports
- Setup ELK data warehouse and dashboards to allow management and clients to access "real time" BI reports and visualizations
- Release Manager for software release cycle
October 2011 - August 2015 - Securadyne Systems
Senior Support Engineer. Member of Professional Services Group providing advanced support to branch offices and customers of all sizes throughout the US
- Lead developer - Custom software and integration development
- Database Analyst / System Administrator (Windows and Linux)
- Project planning and consulting
- Technical evaluation of new products
- Support for physical access control, digital video systems, and ERP applications
- Site vulnerability surveys
- Assist sales personnel and system engineers
Oct 2000 - Oct 2011: Security Management Consulting
VP of IT
- Manage all IT infrastructure for corporate office and a number of remote employees
- Lead software and integration developer
- Database analyst
- System Administrator (Windows and Linux)
- IT and physical security consulting for customers
- Lead small industry trade group conferences
- Provide technical training courses for CEUs (SQL and UNIX/Linux workshops)
1999 - Oct 2000: Celito Communications
Network and PC technician for a variety of local Triangle area businesses
Open Source Projects
- Logstash Plugin - logstash-filtert-datepart Filter plugin for logstash date decomposition
- Logstash Plugin - logstash-filter-collect Filter plugin for logstash object property aggregation
- JQuery Plugin - demano Plugin to allow css class filtering - JSFiddle demo
- React Component - geocoder React component to geo-code addresses - Demo
2017 - Present: mulchr.com
Site that allows arborists to get rid of their wood chips at nearby locations. Public registration and private mapping tool that allows arborists to search for local dump sites. Implemented using Java REST services with React front-end. All services are running on a Docker Swarm cloud cluster. Site is at mulchr.com
2015 - 2017: Selenium/Jenkins integration environment
Configured and maintained a Jenkins CI server that ran daily Selenium regression tests via a proprietary framework. Configured 8 different applications to run regression tests against DEV, MAINT, and 2 STG environments. Enhanced and maintained an application to generate a dashboard for Selenium test results.
2014-2015: Engineering Request Forms
Implemented an internal web-based tool to facilitate communication between sales and engineering staff. Engineering required a workflow that would allow requests to be submitted, approved, designed and accepted. The workflow needed to be simple, web-based, and allow reporting on performance indicators. The application was written using Spring MVC and Spring Data running in a Tomcat container with a SQL Server repository.
Lead development and implementation of a customized ETL tool for enterprise Access Control systems. The Java tool was based on Pentaho's PDI application with custom steps that we developed. Plugins included a PDI step to transform images to a size and format appropriate for storage in Active Directory and a database update step that logged every change to a database record during an update for auditing reports. This software was implemented at several enterprise client sites and is a part of the company product portfolio.
2013-2015: Company Timesheets
June 2015: Service Ticket Portal
Designed and implemented a cloud service ticket portal for a large national customer. Allows customer to enter service tickets online, and notify proper parties that a ticket has been created. The customer was using PDF forms to submit tickets, but could no longer support the PDF form and needed an alternative. This project was completed early and under the estimated budget. The technology used was Django and Postgre SQL served with Lighttpd and Gunicorn on an Ubuntu Linode instance. Setup a development and test environment and configured all production deployments to push via git.
CARMA for Picture Perfect
Lead developer for a data warehouse and web-based reporting program for the GE Picture Perfect access control system. The database was designed to process tens of millions of transactions via a web based UI. This tool gave users an easy-to-use, non-technical interface allowing them to run reports on-demand while not affecting the production system. This not only reduced the load on the server, it removed the report generating responsibility from the system administrators and allowed stakeholders to run their own reports. The UI was written in PHP running on Apache's HTTPD server, the data import was written in C++ and the database platform was MySQL.
State of Florida DHSMV FUPAC Project
The DHSMV in FL had a disparate access control system at each of its 12 deep water seaports. We were responsible for visiting each port, exporting all cardholder and image information from each system, and turning them over to GE for conversion to their new system. Once the new system was installed, we were responsible for patching the software and installing the peripheral devices for biometric enrollment of cardholders (passport scanners, fingerprint enrollment devices, and cameras). We also trained staff according to the enrollment process developed by the DHSMV.
1999 Associate in Science; Brevard College (Brevard, NC) Cum Laude
2001 BSc, Computer Science; North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC)